Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Keeping Busy

Since I'm not working right now I have put an inordinate amount of time into being the basketball junkie I used to be back in high school and college. I seem to have an insatiable appetite for all things hoops.

I am coaching three teams, watch NBA TV most of the day even though I have seen many of the programs once or twice already and I scour the internet looking for plays and new coaching techniques.

Fortunately, the season is coming to an end for the teams I coach. My girls team is playing this weekend and ranked 3rd in their division, 11th for the province. My boys team plays next weekend and are ranked 10th in their division, 50th for the province.
I'll let you know how we make out.

The NCAA tournament is in full swing and while I haven't watched a lot of them I check the scores and news of happenings around the tournament. It has been an interesting year with a lot of teams without a lot of tournament history making it through to the Sweet 16. It should be an exciting tournament the rest of the way.

I haven't done a lot of gaming lately. But I have tried out a few new games. Without getting into too much detail, Age of Empires III is excellent. Good single player campaign and the on-line is fun.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PC version) is great. Not for younger kids as the language is ridiculously harsh. I don't think it would have taken away from the experience or gameplay to have toned down the language a little. But having said that, the game does boast the voice acting of Samuel L. Jackson and James Woods. A couple of pretty heavy hitters. The game is also so open ended that you can literally never stop playing. There is always something you can do or try to do that keeps the game on my hard drive even though I have completed all the story missions.

The Movies game. It was fun for a little while and then it got really boring and tedious. It's kind of a cross between a Sims game and a Tycoon game. It didn't hold my interest long enough for me to recommend it.

That's all for now.
Cya.