Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, July 10, 2005

This is your life...

One of the items I picked up with the new computer parts purchase is something called the Moviebox. It allows me to connect analog video devices to my computer via the USB port. I have spent the last week and a half capturing almost 11 years worth of video. I'm about 3/4 of the way done.

It has been an incredible journey looking through all this old video. The memories that come back are priceless and has a way of calming and centering my focus. All too often everyday events and the day to day drudgery can stress me out or make me wonder why the hell I bother sometimes. But seeing where you have come from, the happiness and innocence of young children just seems to make all the stress and angst diminish. Seeing how my family has grown, seeing my Dad again, and reliving the games I used to play with the kids just leaves me completely contented.